Monday, August 27, 2012

Thank goodness for flu!

Haha! Flu's sucky, everyone knows that. But some how, I'm a lil bit thankful for having one today. =]

The morning was still kinda bad, but it definitely wasn't boring coz well, briefings by the units where I work are all pretty interesting, so I liked it (although my nose was literally dripping and I couldn't even snort it back in. Ya, I know, DISGUSTING, yes? I shall answer on your behalf, "YES!! OMG!!"). It was even nice during lunch coz of my lurching stomach, I stayed in the office by myself, but I got my own down time and was pretty pleased with that, coz my head was too stuffy to socialize. =P

I got a lot of love from my colleagues though. =D They are really the best people to be colleagues with, and I'll be sad when it's time for our postings in about two months coz that means we won't be together any more. Unsurprisingly, this is a pretty common feeling for most of us. Ah well, 旧的不去,新的不来. >.< =]

Anyway, even during the presentations later on after lunch, I got respite from monotony (not that my friends aren't good presenters, it's just that lengthy presentations are really sleeping aids) from having to run off to the toilet pretty often to clear my nasal cavity. Hahahaha!! Omg, that's so disgusting, but really, it helped! It allowed me to give my full attention during the interesting points. =P Best yet, my nose some how was 乖 when it was my turn to speak, so I managed to pretty much present as well as I usually can (I even got +ve feedback from my friends. ^^ *happiness).

But the best of all is after work. For once, I didn't speed-walk home, coz my flu made me tired, so I slowly made my way back. I actually enjoyed eating my dinner, coz I was actually slowly eating it. I would have just 干吭 otherwise and not tasted it. I actually enjoyed my very normal dinner!

And though it was drizzling, for once, I didn't walk outside coz it is a faster, shorter route. I walked in doors, and spotted a REAL SHOE BARGAIN *goes UTTERLY CRAZY!!!!!!!!! @▽@* OMG!!! But no no no, MUST 忍!!!!! Coz omg, I've a thousand and one pairs of shoes already!!! And reall, my shoes are piling up!!! But ok, yes, spotted shoe bargain, asked store owner when her temp store is there until, and then ok, wait until the last day, if I'm still thinking of it (I'd still be thinking of it) and there are those designs that I want of my size (tiny sizes sell out REAL fast in bargains), THEN I'D GET THEM!!! RAR!!!

And then I spotted the CUTEST elastic belt!! I'm a tiny girl, so a short belt is fine, but the clasp! OMG!! It's TWO TERRIERS KISSING!!! OMGADFJDOFNAIEHFJASFJZDBFJKD!!! YOU CAN FAINT FROM LOOKING AT IT!! I was asking when they'd be there until and all that, then I found out that it's the LAST ONE!!! DFNAFHSDFKLD!!! NOOOOOOOOO way I'd leave it there and walk off for a few days, especially when it's only $10. It's a little expensive for me (and most prob only for me) for a belt, especially when it had a little bit of scratches, but I'm not going home without it. <sings>Won't go home without youuuuuuu!!</sings> Hey! Even when the elastic spoils, you just have to change it, and you can still use the pretty and cute kissing terrier clasp! =D Yups. So I'm one belt richer and am wearing that adorable belt tmr. =P

Then coz I was taking the sheltered way back, I finally, finally walked past that furniture shop and looked at their shoe racks. Ya. When my shoe rack gets filled, my first thought is not to stop buyign shoes, but to get another shoe rack. =_= Go figure, right? Got my eyes set on a $48 wooden one. Looks good, value for money number-of-shoes-it-can-hold-wise, just needs a layer of lacquer or vanish. That's simple enough - I can do that.

Strolled home. Oh my!! So many 收获s today!! ^^ Hehheh! Coz of my decisions stemming from my flu! That's really great! ^^ Hope my flu abates by tomorrow though. These few days are pretty 'crucial' per say, so I really don't wanna miss anything!

2 comments:

Xin said...

i can almost hear you in my ear chattering excitedly away when i read your post lolx =P

i have probs buying shoes too cos of my man-feet .____. haha

taky said...

Hahahaha!! I really was excited! Just pretend to hear some nasal congested voice though. =P I'm still having a bit of it now. =P

Okay la... I've probs coz... Well... I checked today. They don't even stock my size. T.T